Making it Count is the CHAPS national HIV prevention programme’s strategic plan to prevent sexual HIV transmissions among gay men, bisexual men and other men that have sex with men (MSM) in England.
Testing Technologies briefing
Find here the latest Making it Count briefing sheet on available HIV testing technologies. More »
Health and Social Care Act
Find here updates and links to documentation regarding the Health and Social Care Act 2012.. More »
The Knowledge, the Will and the Power is our 'sister' framework for HIV prevention among African people in England. More »
Tailored clinic distribution
Ensuring health promotion leaflets reach their intended users is never easy. Agencies have traditionally organised bulk deliveries to organisations and social venues but these can be wasteful. Often resources are not displayed or distributed, or more are delivered than needed. To overcome these difficulties NAM developed a tailored distribution scheme for GUM (HIV) clinics. By talking to staff they learned how each clinic used written materials. This, together with a closely monitored ordering system, allows clinics to order according to real-time demand, ensuring a more targeted flow of up-to-date small media.
News from NAM
- Nigerian immigrant who is also HIV positive offers free hugs to public as he urges them not to vote Ukip
- Gender-neutral HPV vaccination
- People who don’t tell anyone else their HIV status have as good health outcomes as other people living with HIV
- HIV Positive Votes in the General Election 2015
- Farage right on 'HIV immigrants' says HIV positive Brit with just 14 days meds left
- Comment: HIV care is under threat due to lack of funding, not immigration