Making it Count is the CHAPS national HIV prevention programme’s strategic plan to prevent sexual HIV transmissions among gay men, bisexual men and other men that have sex with men (MSM) in England.
Testing Technologies briefing
Find here the latest Making it Count briefing sheet on available HIV testing technologies. More »
Health and Social Care Act
Find here updates and links to documentation regarding the Health and Social Care Act 2012.. More »
The Knowledge, the Will and the Power is our 'sister' framework for HIV prevention among African people in England. More »
Tailored clinic distribution
Ensuring health promotion leaflets reach their intended users is never easy. Agencies have traditionally organised bulk deliveries to organisations and social venues but these can be wasteful. Often resources are not displayed or distributed, or more are delivered than needed. To overcome these difficulties NAM developed a tailored distribution scheme for GUM (HIV) clinics. By talking to staff they learned how each clinic used written materials. This, together with a closely monitored ordering system, allows clinics to order according to real-time demand, ensuring a more targeted flow of up-to-date small media.
News from NAM
- The Fight for HIV Travel Insurance Cover
- National AIDS Trust sets out vision for HIV in the Future NHS
- Three out of four providers offer HIV life assurance
- HIV services: collaboration in a time of fragmentation
- Millions should be offered routine HIV testing, NICE and Public Health England say on World Aids Day
- Refuelling the global HIV response: the role of the United Kingdom